Contract: Technician II (Synthesis) / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Coralville, Iowa, US|
Technician II (Synthesis) - 934751
Shifts: 3 Day (Fri/Sat/Sun) Weekend Days - 4 Day (Mon-Thurs) Overnight - 4 Day (Mon-Thurs) Days
The Technician (Synthesis) synthesizes custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes synthesis, cleavage, deprotection and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Synthesizes oligos on various synthesizer platforms
- Cleaves and deprotects oligos utilizing appropriate methods
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Attaches modifications utilizing various techniques
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Uses lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Handles expensive oligos and reagents
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Follows documented custom instructions, when applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Prepares oligos for final shipment to customer or for further processing in other departments
- Uses aids and SOPs to make production path decisions
- Additional essential functions may differ by department/group
- Associate's (2 year) degree or comparable combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor's (4 year) degree preferred. Science related field preferred.
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Other Job Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
- Exert up to 20- 50lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs up to a minimal amount of force frequently
- Constant (67%-100% of work day) Reaching;Standing;Walking;Lifting;Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling; Hearing;Pushing/Pulling
- Frequent (33%-66% of work day) Sitting;Repetitive Motion; Bending;Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Occasional (33% or less of work day)Talking; Visual Acuity