Construction Superintendent / Labrador CityClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is looking for Construction Superintendent within an established Engineering team to deliver business improvement projects during established operational outages (shutdowns). With an assigned Project Manager and a unique project team, Construction Superintendent is responsible to oversee all phases of a construction project from initial planning through to handover to Operations.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Professional to ensure Mining assets are installed, commissioned and optimized to deliver the "best for business" outcome.
The Construction Superintendent functionally reports directly to the site Manager Construction - Engineering. You will be regularly setting expectations & overseeing; site safety, sequence of work, constructability reviews, engineering designs, field installations, productivity, schedule, quality, trades contractors while coordinating with suppliers, engineering and operations by :
- Continually striving for Zero Harm on all projects
- Delivering Safety Leadership in-the-field, onboarding team members and ensuring task safety requirements are understood and implemented
- Communicating site rules regarding health, safety and environment procedures to project resources and enforcing those rules
- Leading development and approval of Installation & Construction Work Packages
- Establishing the venue and participants for all daily site meetings with contractors, project controls, project management team and safety.
- Establish & supervise Construction Coordinators (CC's), who in turn co- ordinate the daily safe, quality and efficient work from the contractors.
- Improve & implement Management of Change (MOC) process
- To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Trades Certificate/Red Seal Journeyperson, Technology Diploma or Bachelor Degree Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years construction leadership experience
- Primary language: English
- A strong safety commitment and advocacy
- Commercial acumen commensurate with role requirements
- Strong problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Effective and authoritative communication with coaching skills
- Effective time management and personal organizational skills
- Demonstrate an open minded genuine curiosity towards understanding the needs of business and the impact of applied solutions
- Proven stakeholder management experience