Contract: Quality Control Technician I / USA
|Location:||Torrance, California, USA|
Quality Control Technician I - 934691
The Quality Control Lab Technician I is responsible for evaluating products made and/or distributed by the client.
This testing primarily involves the assessment of 1) raw materials manufactured at the company and/or 2) finished good products manufactured at the company in one of several Production areas.
This evaluation involves the use of analytical testing techniques such as High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Solid Phase Liquid Extraction (SPE) along with the use of various types of analytical testing equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a clean, organized and presentable work space.
- Adhere to ISO:9001 guidelines as required.
- Use computer program(s) to test, process and evaluate product.
- Follow all assigned testing and operating instructions for assigned work area.
- Support key initiatives as assigned by department Manager.
- Handle and dispose of chemicals used in the testing process per company guidelines.
- Complete assigned training and reading assignments as outlined by department Manager.
- Follow all assigned safety rules and regulations for assigned work area.
- Complete testing assignments as outlined by department Manager.
- Compare test results for product to applicable pass/fail criteria.
- Identify and escalate issues to department Manager in a timely manner.
- Dispose of hazardous wastes generated from the testing of product per company policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required. Comfortable with using a computer.
- Able to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel