Contract: Program Manager (P4) / US
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, US|
Program Manager (P4) - 934768 (Remote)
The Program Manager directs all phases of the development program, with primary responsibility to manage and control new and/or current business major programs for the Chemistry and Immunoassay medical device product line, overseeing the product development process from initial business case development, to transfer into sustaining operations.
The Program Manager functions as the Core Team Leader of a cross-functional team with full responsibility for the project from both business and technical perspectives.
They are accountable to the Product Business Decision Team (PBDT) for the success of the project.
- Manage the program through Core Team members and their Extended Teams to deliver robust, manufacturable products which meet the defined delivery timeline, design inputs and quality metrics to meet business unit goals.
- Maintains continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives and possesses advanced skills in finance, leadership, communication, influence, cross-cultural awareness, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Routinely communicates project goals, status, requirements, and deliverables to the Business Unit Product Planning Group.
- Directs Core Team project activities and resolves issues escalated to the Core Team.
- Makes or facilitates project trade-off decisions within the boundaries of the PBDT approved project contract.
- Is responsible for the budget, schedule, resource management, and performance of the program.
- Communication focal point for the project to PBDT, Product Planning Group, and Functional Management.
- Establish and monitor use of tools for project tracking and management.
- Establishes project milestones and monitors adherence to master plan.
- Applies project management processes to achieve the highest performance and value added effort.
- Works effectively with all team members, stakeholders and supervisor.
- Coaches and develops team members as necessary to assure common understand of the product development process and project goals.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Engineering, Medical device business management or related field with 9 plus years of relevant experience or a Master's degree with 7 years of relevant experience.
- MBA is a significant plus.
- Work experience should include 2-5 years in program / project management leading multi-disciplined projects.
- Proven track record with system and or reagent product development/ project management.
- Project management Professional (PMP) certification or similar certification.
- Strong computer skills and high attention to detail required.
- Web- based PPM software experience is a significant bonus.
- Strong motivational leadership skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority (required).
- ISO, NMPA and FDA regulated environment experience is strongly recommended.
- Fast learner able to quickly become adept at using the Danaher Business System tool set.
- Readily accepts responsibility and accountability for project success and key decisions.
- Ability to travel is mandatory (domestic and internationally) likely 20- 40% of time