Business Systems Analyst / Scotland
|Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Benefits|
IT Business Systems Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + Benefits
Location - Perth, Perthshire, Scotland
The client, a successful global Manufacturer and market leader in their field is seeking to appoint a professional IT Business Systems Analyst for their facility in Perth, Scotland.
To be accountable for the management, development, direction, and delivery of IT Business Systems, and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the system. Also, to contribute to the strategic direction of the client and the wider global business and play a lead role in the delivery of the client corporate plan, aims and objectives.
This role has day to day responsibilities for 'keeping the lights on' for all of the client's Business Systems and related infrastructure and databases, ensuring the support teams (both internal and external) are managed, motivated, and capable. The role is likely to be split 60% management and 40% hands on technical. This remit spans all information and application services provided by the client's IT Department.
Qualifications / Certificates / Experience level:
- NetSuite Suite Foundation or Administrator Certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Relevant Business Management, Finance, or ICT qualification
- Minimum 7 years' Experience in Business Systems Analyst or similar role
- Provide daily hands-on technical management and support assistance for the company's Business Systems.
- Ensure the provision and delivery of high quality and cost-effective information delivery.
- Promote and support innovative ways of achieving service aims and objectives through direction of the Leadership Team and development, delivery and review of business plans and strategies.
- Lead change and progress organisational objectives, with a long-term vision of how to develop services to meet changing needs of end users.
- Provide guidance and professional advice to the Leadership Team and colleagues, ensuring clear communication, and delivery of company's objectives.
- Undertake continued professional development and ensure understanding and communication of best working practices.
- Create and embed formal business engagement to include regular service review meetings, demand management feed into Business Solutions Design and service reporting.
- Take ownership of the informational assets of the company and that they are managed and controlled effectively to deliver best value to the business.
- Ensure the Business Systems strategy and maturity programme is reviewed every 6 months and delivered.
- Challenge the accepted way of working within the business and encourage colleagues to think differently and innovatively.
- Plan resource to deliver both technical project resource and maintain business systems support.
- Foster a continuous improvement culture within Business Systems and IT in general.
- Ensure all systems fit with the overall company's ICT Strategy to provide value for money and high availability, resilient performance and have updated system roadmaps.
- Provide out of hours support and leadership as required.
- Instigate weekly communication between department heads on Business System requirements and performance.
- Implement an Incident and Problem Management process aligned to ITIL ITSM best practice, to document and resolve issues arising from the company's Business Systems.
- Management of 3rd Party suppliers to the company's Business Systems, including performing service reviews and working with the supplier to script and support increased support areas to drive service call resolution towards first point of contact.
- Embed Change and release management processes to ensure all releases are approved, considered, and reported for success as regards Business Systems.
- Previous experience with NetSuite ERP system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An up-to-date knowledge of IT industry trends for service and operations
- ITIL ITSM knowledge
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- Strong management skills, with experience of managing projects across multiple sites and varying end-user skill levels.
- A high level of interest in the development of teams and individuals
- Experience of motivating colleagues, irrespective of their position
- The ability to prioritise workload and actively seek out opportunities for self-development.
- High levels of resilience and the ability to work under pressure, demonstrating sound organisational and planning skills.
- A result driven approach to work
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of Business Systems Administration and Support at a senior hands-on level
- ERP/SAP support system management
- Experience of implementing support best practices, particularly ITIL Service Management
- Broad IT technology knowledge
- Experience of implementing IT systems in a cloud environment (SaaS, IaaS)
- Strong team working skills.