Project Controls Superintendent / Canada
|Location:||Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
Superintendent, Project Controls
· Key role in a global and innovative mining organization
· Opportunity to help deliver medium to large scale projects as an integral part of a multi-discipline team
· The role can be based in Sept-Iles or Labrador City
About the role
As a leader within Engineering, we are looking for a Superintendent, Project Controls to manage a team of project controls professionals who help to deliver medium to large scale projects as an integral part of a broader multi-disciplinary team that form the Project Management Office (PMO). As Superintendent, you will lead your team to provide guidance for data analysis and reporting to help inform decision regarding the management, quality and control of projects.
You will also support your team to identify, agree and implement appropriate performance management techniques for the projects as well as developing, setting and managing baselines. Helping the team to apply, identify and evaluate schedule and cost control techniques to support the monitoring, managing, and reporting of costs and progress, along with identifying, applying and evaluating quality and risk control techniques will be part of your tasks.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Office & Technical Services, you will:
· Develop and build the capability of team members to provide the required levels of service to various stakeholders within the project in order to optimise and sustain value
· Support the design, delivery, and improvement of effective systems and capability across a broad range of functional disciplines for engineering projects within the boundaries of the Project Management Office function.
· Contribute to the preparation of project scope definition, execution strategy, development and implementation of project WBS, cost, schedule, and risk management to foster good project scope definition discipline.
· Contribute to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices
· Assist with applying discipline governance and quality assurance across the projects
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement
· Actively promote standardized processes, systems and tools
· Provide technical support and direction to project stakeholders
· Report progress and propose courses of actions to project managers and Functional Manager
· Provide input and advice to Project Managers and their teams throughout the stages of project development and implementation to ensure that systemic and long-term technical and business issues are adequately considered in the design, development, and delivery of projects
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
· Minimum of 10 years of proven project controls experience
· At least 5 years leadership experience
· Experience in leading performing teams;
· Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain commitment from your team, customers, and key stakeholders to successfully deliver on your goals;
· Demonstrated user capabilities on SAP, P6 and PRISM is an asset
· Bilingual in English and French, or have some fluency in both languages. English is a requirement for the role.