Contract: Molecular Biology Research Scientist / USA
|Location:||San Jose, California, USA|
|Salary:||USD320 - USD336 per day|
The client is currently recruiting a Molecular Biology Research Scientist to work on a 9 month contract.
The client is looking for a talented research scientist to join the Biological Systems Research group. The ideal candidate will support biology-focused research using their low volume Acoustic Droplet Ejection (ADE) technology.
The worker will be responsible for performing basic cellular and molecular biology activities such as maintaining and manipulating cultured cells and performing nucleic acid-based assays.
- Hands-on evaluation and development of new molecular biology assays including DNA/RNA purification, qPCR, and sequencing library preparation.
- Hands on expertise on cell culture techniques including cell line manipulation and maintenance (adherent and suspension), RNA and DNA transfection, cellular genomic DNA and RNA isolation, and protein expression analysis.
- Hands on expertise of cell biology assays and protocols such as cell imaging, flow cytometry, and immunostaining.
- Execute studies based on existing procedures with some guidance and direction.
- Experimental design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results, maintaining detailed experimental records.
- Analyze data using statistical tools such as Microsoft Excel, Image J.
- Maintain detailed experimental records and documents results in a technical report or in a laboratory notebook.
- Participate in and present data at group meetings and prepare weekly progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field - e.g. Molecular Biology, Biology, Genetics with 4+ years of related work experience in biotech/medical device industry or academic lab OR Master's degree in afore mentioned related field with 2+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with basic molecular biology skills described above.
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 environment.
- Knowledge of biological and chemical safety.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific journals.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comfortable with basic statistical analysis concepts.