Contract: Lead Development Representative / USA
|Location:||Torrance, California, USA|
Lead Development Representative - 934937 (Remote)
The responsibilities of the Lead Development Representative (LDR) include generating and qualifying new leads, nurturing them and screening their true intention to buy, and filling the sales funnel with new opportunities to be handed off to the Sales and Business Development Teams.
The LDR performs outbound prospecting efforts to find new business and builds relationships with potential customers by serving as their main point of contact with incoming calls and email/web/social media inquiries.
The ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening skills, a positive and energetic phone presence, and the ability to grow rapport and relationships with potential customers doing chromatography work in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow up with Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to identify buying interest and sense of urgency.
- Work with Regional and Digital Marketing Teams to coordinate lead management activities.
- Execute, monitor, and report on market research and database requalification activities.
- Utilize internet information sources, LinkedIn, and other tools to identify potential customers and build and maintain a lead development pipeline.
- Understand general needs depending on customer role in order to customize the message and questions for lead qualifying activities.
- Understand where the lead is in the buying process, gather key information to update the CRM system, and assign a nurture path and follow-up strategy.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the client's products, and clearly articulate benefits to potential customers to manage and overcome objections.
- Use a variety of methods (email, phone, networking, social media) to engage leads.
- Contact potential clients and key decision makers through cold calls and emails to present our value proposition and to build rapport and trusting relationships.
- Identify client needs in order to create sales funnel opportunities, and set up appointments with the relevant Sales or Business Development team members.
- Report to Mgr. (weekly/monthly/quarterly) on KPIs (e.g. appointments, sales opportunities, prospects reached).
- Provide administrative assistance, such as: survey creation and deployment, and general project management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Chemistry, Biology, or other Life Sciences required.
- 1+ years sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to organize workload for effective, timely implementation.
- Strong initiative and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and problem solve independently.
- PC proficiency in Windows environment to include MS Office suite.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics) a plus.
- Ability to write professionally and speak fluent English is required.
- Additional languages a plus.