Electronics Hardware Engineer II / US
This position fulfills the purpose of an intermediary engineering position. It includes assisting with the design and development of non-complex new products, as well as, redesign and refinement of existing products under the supervision of a responsible engineer. Initially, the person will be closely supervised and monitored, with the degree of independence with which they are permitted to act gradually being increased according to ability and length of time in the position.
Provides engineering solutions as part of a PLM/NPD project, in accordance with company standards, procedures, processes, schedules, and budget, with a continuous concern for quality, targets, and customer satisfaction.
- Design of new products and updates to current products under the direction of senior engineers and management. Design work will be performed utilizing various CAD tools and engineering calculations.
- Validation testing of design work to prove out concepts for either performance or manufacturability.
- Create engineering specifications based on business input from Product Management.
- Develop timelines for related tasks and monitor tasks to schedule, work directly with manager if schedules change to develop a plan to get tasks back on track.
- Work with other departments to coordinate various aspects of the development process, i.e. working with product management on concept creation, procurement on pricing, manufacturing on design for manufacturability and assembly etc.
- Evaluate and process engineering change requests from other departments outside of engineering.
- Review of changes being processed by other engineers.
- Perform or coordinate checking of electronics documentation.
- Work with Senior Electronic Engineers, other design engineers, and/or vendors to ensure adequacy of manufacturing drawings.
- Communicate material and component requirements to Purchasing and/or vendors.
- Communicate design specifications to Marketing Department.
- Develop/work with Approvals Liaison(s) to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Troubleshoot problems in the shop and the field as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with department and/or projects instructions, schedules, processes, and HSE requirements:
o Technically correct engineering analysis
o Optimized engineering solutions
o Technical assistance within projects, and manufacturing, fabrication, and installation sites.
- Writes and issues technical specifications and reports related to own activities within Surface projects and/or operations.
- Mentors more "junior" engineering personnel by checking their calculations, design conception, and engineering solutions and ensures quality and efficiency of deliverables.
- Works on design basis for projects and/or manufacturing operations.
- Interfaces with other engineering disciplines and possibly with project functional disciplines, such as procurement and planning.
- Works independently on standard projects as a reference and participates in more complex projects under supervision of more senior engineers
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of experience in the field
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, microprocessor hardware design
- Knowledge of design and development of embedded microprocessors/FPGA's
- Knowledge of PCB design software tools, Altium PCB Design Software a plus
- Knowledge of product certification (weights and measures and constructional / electrical safety) and awareness of auditing techniques and practices (for ISO compliance).
- Familiarity with TeamCenter, SAP, AutoCAD, SolidWorks a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Word and Excel, analytical and logical reasoning
- Strong technical basis in engineering
- Project management skills
- Presentation and some coaching skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Service/Customer oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Good command of the English Language