Software Application Engineer II / US
|Location:||Erie, Pennsylvania, US|
This position fulfills the purpose of an intermediary software design engineering position. It includes answerability for the creation and/or modification of code and for assisting with the design of software in development of non-complex new products, as well as, redesign and refinement of existing products under the supervision of a responsible design engineer. Additional assignments may include responsibility for work on existing and legacy products. The degree of independence with which he / she is permitted to act will gradually be increased according to ability and length of time in the position.
Responsibilities include ensuring that the product function and accuracy meet the specified requirements and assisting other software and electronic engineers on technical issues.
Provides engineering solutions in accordance with company standards, procedures, processes, schedules, and budget, with a continuous concern for quality, targets, and customer satisfaction.
- Work from approved specifications to add features to new or existing products.
- Prepare test plans to fully exercise features of products and/or offerings according to provided specifications. Execute test plans and evaluate results.
- Review product literature as assigned.
- Provide support on technical issues to company service personnel as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues with products.
- Expand capability with design engineering tools including learning new tools as assigned.
- Review and improve practices, processes, and documentation.
- Strive to continually learn and improve.
- Follow trends in uses of new materials (communication protocols, software coding techniques, etc.).
- Dialog with other company locations regarding similarities/differences in work, products and offerings, etc.
- Responsible to minimize CNQ (Cost of non-Quality)
- Works independently on standard projects as a reference and participates in more complex projects under supervision of more senior engineers
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Electronic Engineering Technology preferred or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of experience in the field.
- Knowledge of RTOS, microprocessor software design and embedded systems programming concepts.
- As this is an intermediate position, an understanding of FPGAs and CPLDs is considered a plus.
- Familiarity with TeamCenter, SAP and IIoT devices.
- Analytical and logical reasoning.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong technical basis in engineering
- Project management skills
- Presentation and some coaching skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Service/Customer oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Good command of the English language
- Able to run development using the Agile Development Process