Estimator / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Location - Glasgow
The client is a global leader within the Oil and Gas / Energy Sector and offer excellent career opportunities.
They are currently seeking to appoint an Estimator to join their team in Glasgow, reporting to the Tendering Manager and working closely with a Senior Estimator and another Estimator.
The client recognise that talent is found in all industries and as such applicants do not require existing experience within the oil and gas sector.
As part of the Pipeline Group tendering team, the Estimator will take responsibility to produce the assigned tender estimates, supporting the Tendering Manager in ensuring a consistent and minimal cost delivery of all relevant tendering deliverables.
Pipeline Group is an integrated and centralised internal service provider within the client's portfolio, focused on supporting all our global regions. They take ownership of full pipeline delivery including welding, inspection, insulation, corrosion coatings and installation.
The Estimator has responsibility to ensure that their section of the Pipeline Group tender is accurate, concise and competitive, supporting their global business to achieve the successful award and execution of Pipelay projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce tender estimating deliverables for PG work scopes to an agreed timetable.
- Ensure all cost estimates have GP management approval and adhere to the PG BMS process.
- Manage the regional interface, ensuring the PG timeline and deliverables are clearly understood.
- Co-ordinate the tender review cycle, supporting the Package Lead in executing the management approval and handover process.
- Deliver fit for purpose costing as standard unless otherwise agreed, promoting a culture of MCO within the tendering team.
- Ensure all estimates are financially accurate and measured against appropriate benchmarks.
- Deliver all estimates required by the PG Early Engagement team to support the regional WIN strategy for global rigid pipelay activities.
- Maintain a track record of all tendered data, to support the management analysis/forecasting and tender benchmarking.
- Support the regional tendering team post tender delivery, to ensure that internal or external feedback is addressed in a concise and accurate manner.
- Manage the handover of any awarded project estimates to the PG Cost Controllers.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Role relevant experience.
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Commercial field.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE/SKILLS)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, accustomed to report writing.
- An ability to build and maintain excellent business relationships at all levels.
- Collaborative team working while able to demonstrate initiative and ownership.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing workloads, and meet deadlines.
- Pro-active, solutions-based with the flexibility to adapt to changing workloads and priorities.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Detail orientated with the ability to process big- picture items.
- Highly numeric and an analytical thinker.
- Competent in MS Office, experience with data management systems would be advantageous.