Project Planner / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Location - Glasgow
The client is a global leader within the Oil and Gas / Energy Sector and offer excellent career opportunities.
The Project Planner will form part of the Pipeline Group Planning team and will report functionally to the Pipeline Group Controls Lead. They shall ensure all systems, processes and reporting requirements for both internal and external stakeholders are attained by adherence to the client's planning procedures and processes. They will also be responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of planning activities within the Pipeline Group Project portfolio, including schedule analysis. The Pipeline Group is a Service Provider to the Business within Offshore Resources.
- Development and maintenance of a Baseline schedule in MSP for PG Projects, where necessary, including agreed S-curves, progress and reporting formats.
- Implementation of sub-contractor and establishment of reporting routines and progress follow up.
- Responsible for the timely updates of schedules and issue of reports to relevant disciplines, management and Client.
- Responsible for performing baseline revisions, and where applicable apply scheduling and planning techniques to analyse results.
- Analyse planning data and modify as required to achieve imposed targets through analysis and/or resource limited scheduling.
- Liaise with Package Managers and project teams to report any consequences / changes related to planned progress or clash identification.
- Assist in the continued development of an MSP based PG Integrated Schedule
- Development and maintenance of data summary dashboards, to include such information as progress, critical path status, deviation affect, etc.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to the client's Management Principles.
- Contribute to internal initiatives and development of PG Planning and Controls.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 an advantage, although not essential.
- Applicable Work Experience.
- Planning experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas, although not essential.
- Construction Planning Experience would be preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to work well within a diverse team.
- Capable of interfacing effectively with peers and senior management.
- Must have a pro-active work ethic, while able to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.