Contract: Construction Engineer & Vessel Representative / AzerbaijanClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Baku city, Azerbaijan|
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Construction Engineer & Vessel Representative, based Offshore rotation in Baku.
* Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and demonstrate company's commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE,
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of HSE and responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them,
* Oversight of contractor safety performance and self verification process, management and execution of company HSE Oversight process, identification and communication of trends, intervention as required
* Providing company input into incident investigations
* Act as the company site safety leader on the construction vessel, leading the company team offshore
* Work with the Contractor management team offshore to ensure that all personnel, equipment, procedures and permits are in place for the offshore work-scope and that the work-scope is completed in accordance with the approved installation procedures, risk assessment and COW documentation
* Providing input and support to contractor procedures, mobilisation plans and vessel operating procedures and ensure that CONTRACTOR risk assessments, safety meetings, emergency drills and regular work site meetings are conducted in a way which supports safe execution of the works
* Liaison with the CVR's and/or Offshore Representatives of other vessels and facilities in the working area and, where necessary, help or contribute to the organisation of a SIMOPS strategy and schedule
* Manage Asset OIM notifications for vessel moves inside 500m zone, within 200m of existing pipelines or other critical activities within 1500m of live pipelines
* Offshore contract administration compliance and maintaining an accurate record of events, instructions and communications
* Accurately recording/reporting non-conformances and expediting the detail for onshore assessment
* Leading the daily progress call and ensuring quality communication on safety, progress & concerns
* Ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared with the onshore management team
* Manage contractor and 3rd party interfaces for the completion of assigned packages.
* Technical engineering knowledge of pipeline fabrication and offshore installation.
* Maintain awareness and promote conformance to company expectations, project specifications, industry standards, safe design and quality requirements
* Identify and communicate technical risks to delivery and assign and implement risk elimination and mitigation plans.
* Capture and communicate project lessons learned and share key learnings for future implementation
Experience & Qualifications:
* University degree in Mechanical, Structural, Offshore, Civil Engineering, Naval Architect or equivalent.
* Offshore experience on construction & pipelay vessels/barges
* Relevant experience in offshore oil and gas industry
* A proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and to energize, influence and have a positive impact on the Execution team(s).
* Strong written and interpersonal and communication skills, Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner
* The ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect focus and achieve the required result.
* Flexibility to accommodate frequent offshore trips even with short notice