Business Improvement Advisor / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah, US|
Business Improvement Advisor(s)
- Be part of a global mining organization with a strong focus on safety
- Challenging role requiring creativity and critical problem solving
- Based on performance and interest, multiple pathways will be possible to grow following a BI role assignment
About the role
The client is looking for Multiple Business Improvement Advisor(s) to lead improvement activities and to provide training and coaching to deliver significant value to our business.
The Business Improvement organization is aimed at supporting a high performance culture and also developing future leaders with strong Lean six sigma background.
Company will have both centralized and de-centralized BI resources allowing to adapt the support needed at all levels of the organization. Area based resources will be working closely with the local leaders to drive improvement projects, however Centralized resources will be leading cross area projects and high level initiatives.
This role is a great opportunity to provide training and coaching to our Black Belts and Green Belts community and use problem solving techniques in identifying and delivering on our business' full potential. Working a Monday to Friday roster and reporting to either the Manager Operational Excellence or Manager Productivity, you will be:
- Identifying improvement projects and developing project scopes;
- Leading and/or participating in kaizens and improvement projects that contribute to a step change in business performance;
- Developing leaders in problem solving, kaizen and 6 sigma;
- Ensuring compliance with standardised processes, systems and tools.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A strong safety mindset;
- University Degree in a relevant discipline - or - relevant operations leadership experience;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Lean and/or 6 Sigma;
- Excellent communication and active-listening skills;
- Ability to present to a variety of groups;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Power BI
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Mining or Metallurgical industry experience.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety- focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan including 6% defined company contribution
- Generous 401k matching program
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter