Contract: Civil Works / Structural Supervisor / UgandaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Duration 24+ months
Status Rotation 4/4, and additional necessary adjustments as required by sanitary conditions (CV19)
* Support the Industrial Area Superintendent on site ensuring that the Contractor is fully conversant with all Company and Project Civil works, Structural Fabrication/Installation related standards and procedures.
* Support Industrial Area Superintendent overseeing Civil/Structural works with reference to Quality Assurance and Control including Contractors/Subcontractors conformity to Detailed Engineering design and specifications.
* Provide technical assistance and support to the Industrial Area Superintendent as it concerns Civil and Structural fabrication/installation works.
* Ensure that scope of work is fulfilled as per the Project and contractual requirements.
* To provide technical assistance and coordination accordingly to the project requirements
* Act as primary Supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
* Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule.
* Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
* Monitor progress and prepare performance reports.
* Identify & analyse the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
* Advice the Industrial Area Superintendent on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
* Analyse and forecast performance and manpower requirements based on physical progress relative to schedule.
* Support other Discipline Superintendents and Supervisors on all aspects of Civil works, Structural Fabrication/Installation activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
* Supervise the following interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned:
* Company & Construction Contractor
* Construction Contractor / Sub- contractors
* Civil/Structural works representatives & construction site personnel
* Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure Compliance with projects objectives throughout the life of the project.
* Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
* Liaise with Other disciplines as it might be required to improve effectiveness of Team and to achieve project objectives and targets
* Keep the Industrial Area Superintendent informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
* Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
* Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
* Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
* Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
* Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
* Compile necessary reports (/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline daily and scope for the Industrial Area Superintendent and Construction Manager
* Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
* To act on behalf of the Industrial Area Superintendent South in his/her absence if required.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* HND or equivalent in related discipline
The Service Provider must have the following experience:
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures etc.
* General awareness of CLIENT General Specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC's/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
* Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
* A good awareness of other disciplines. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. English mandatory.
* Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.