Contract: Industrial Area Superintendent / UgandaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Duration 24+ months
Status Rotation 4/4, and additional necessary adjustments as required by sanitary conditions (CV19)
* Act as primary coordinator/Superintendent for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents
* Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule
* To check, in accordance with needs, the preparation, issue and implementation by Construction Contractors of Construction, Engineering documents including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, Construction Equipment, construction, list of personnel, planning back-up procedures if necessary.
* Identify & analyse the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
* Review the development of execution plans / schedule for during the construction phase
* Advice the Construction Manager (RSES) South on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
* Liaise with other Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
* Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors and with Construction Manager to make sure that the construction complies with all Project Design Documentation, with Company Standards and Procedures, and with applicable international Codes, Standards and Practices.
* Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors and with Construction Manager to monitor progress and prepare performance reports. Reports are to be accurate and timely, depicting progress, safety, issues, and forward plans.
* Assist the Supervisors in the resolution of all Technical Queries.
* Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure Compliance with projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
* Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
* Liaise with Other disciplines, Safety, Cost, and Planning to improve effectiveness of Team
* Keep the Construction Manager informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
* Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
* Provide oversight of contractor's materials management/verification systems
* Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
* Liaise with contractor for field level changes for his discipline during the construction phase
* Provide pre- commissioning/mechanical completion oversight/verification for his discipline during the construction phase
* Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel with a focus on National development
* Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
* Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
* Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
* Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Construction Manager (RSES) South and Project Management Team
* Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
* To act on behalf of the Construction Manager (RSES) South in his/her absence.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor or Associates degree or HND in Construction Engineering Discipline (e.g., Civils, Mechanical, Process, E&I etc.)
The Service Provider must have the following experience:
* 15 years or more relevant international project experience in the construction of civil, structural, mechanical, piping and electrical works (with proper technical level of understanding of all disciplines) in Oil and Gas and/or Petrochemical facilities.
* Previous experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas construction projects. Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with a good knowledge of CLIENT general specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC's in large oil and gas construction projects.. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
* Strong culture in HSE values and safety leadership. Demonstrated knowledge of Interface Management plans, processes, tools and execution.
* Fluent spoken and written English. Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company Standards.
* The working environment is international and multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Contractors.
* Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.