Senior Structural Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Boron, California, USA|
The client is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer - to manage the Structural Integrity Program and to be the structural subject matter expert for the business unit. This position will have close contact with many different stakeholders from the engineering projects team, operations, HSE, and maintenance teams to help deliver projects, and maintain our site assets to a high standard.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced structural engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career. This person will own and coordinate the structural integrity program for Boron and Wilmington sites as well as being heavily involved in the structural aspects of Engineering Projects. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, you will be responsible to:
- Own and manage the California Ops Structural Integrity Program
- Design structural remediation and modification scopes of work
- Actively contribute to the delivery of the company engCapital Plan.
- Maintain budget and schedule control over projects and departmental budgets.
- Facilitate the development of project scopes, business cases, schedules, and cost estimates for structural projects
- Manage the contracting strategy for structural evaluations and repairs
- Develop asset tactics relating to structural integrity of site equipment and structures
- Provide technical insight and expertise as the subject matter expert for Structural Engineering
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- California PE certification
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in a heavy industrial setting-mining, chemical, oil& gas industry
- Experience in working with Asset Management processes
- Excellent communication skills/stakeholder engagement
- The drive to be proactive, self-managing and a strong influencer
- Leadership skills including strong communications skills are required as well as the ability to build a team and co-operatively work within the operating structure of the Business Unit.