Supervisor, Communications and Signals / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Sept-Îles, Quebec, Canada|
|Salary:||GBP70000 - GBP80000 per annum|
About the post
As a supervisor in the communications and signals departments, the responsibility will be:
You supervise staff by mentoring and managing your team members in order to maintain good working relationships,
Develop their individual and collective skills and implement effective working practices and methods.
Management of inspection, maintenance, repair and modification of signalling and telecommunications equipment.
Responsible for the work carried out in these different sectors by the subcontractors.
You will also have to ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental standards, cost control and quality, as well as maintaining good working relationships.
Commitment to your safety and that of your team
College degree (DEC) in electronics technology or a combination of equivalent education and experience
Mastery of the French language and good knowledge of English;
Class 5 driver's license valid.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
Good knowledge of the Software suite Microsoft in addition to being very comfortable in the general use of a computer.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in personnel management in a unionized environment in addition to good leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution;
Experience in managing railway operations or maintenance activities is an important asset;
Knowledge of SAP
What we offer
Get recognition for your contributions, your ability to think and your hard work, and the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped the world progress.
- Workplace environment where safety is always the top priority
- Career development opportunities and training assistance to achieve your technical and leadership aspirations
- Competitive base salary based on your skills and experience, and annual incentive program
- Access to family-friendly health/medical programs, pension and savings plans at all times
- Interesting shareholding plan
- Leave for a variety of reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, sick leave)
- Employee discounts