Contract: HSE Advisor / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Health & Safety Advisor
About the job
We are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to support risk management, controls, and HSE management processes and systems within the mine. In addition to offering competitive salaries and offering you excellent benefits, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family, there is lots of opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you might have never thought possible.
This role is an excellent opportunity to support multidisciplinary teams and provide technical advice in health management to the Havre ST Pierre mine.
- Be part of a group focused on safety and valuing inclusion
- Opportunity to work and connect to Rio's global network of professionals
- Join a group that encourages leadership and is committed to your growth and your development
- Role based in Havre Saint-Pierre. Fixed term of 24 months
- Work with teams of managers and employees to implement risk management process. Support aspects of planning activities in field risk management and injury reduction.
- Help management teams perform internal audits and inspections of the site, equipment and materials to ensure safe operations.
- A commitment to your safety and that of your team
- Qualifications and experience in relevant disciplines such as health and security.
- Expertise in health and safety and mastery of HS risk management with requirements applicable to a complex operating environment.
- Organizational and project management skills to plan, manage and deliver the project. work, including the ability to manage within the limits of resources and budgets.
- Ability to provide training in HSS, including an adaptation of training in SH and educational material to the needs of specific audiences.
- Practical problem-solving skills in research and research.
- HS problem solving with the ability to develop solutions to issues non-standard problems
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to draft recommendations and reports to management and present information to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What our client offers
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and come home
at home knowing you've helped the world move forward.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary package with annual cash bonuses for employees eligible
- Access health and medical programs and a pension plan suitable for families
- Well-being benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee shareholding program
- Employee assistance program
- Ongoing support for individual well-being for you and your family on a personal basis and professional