Contract: Lead Compliance Advisor / AlgeriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||GBP575 - GBP625 per day|
Lead Compliance Advisor
The client is a joint venture partnership formed of leading international energy companies and the producer of Natural Gas in Algeria.
As part of an ongoing commitment to occupational health and safety, the client is seeking an experienced Lead Compliance Advisor to join the team in Algeria on a long-term rotational assignment. This role will work closely with senior management to support the management and mitigation of bribery and corruption, money laundering, trade sanctions and other relevant compliance and ethical risks within the organisations.
This role is accountable for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an international standard compliance programme which addresses bribery and corruption, money laundering, trade sanctions and other relevant compliance and ethical risks;
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on risk, mitigations, and risk-management strategies;
- Providing training and guidance to, and sharing know-how and experience with, newly appointed local compliance advisors to develop the expertise and competence required to implement and maintain the compliance programme;
- Providing practical advice on day-to-day ABC/AML/ITR compliance and ethical risk questions; and
- Working closely with business people as a trusted advisor, while maintaining professional independence and judgment.
Essential Education & Experience
- Qualified lawyer with post-qualification experience in regulatory matters.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French languages.
- Arabic written and/or spoken skills would be an advantage.
- Bribery and corruption and other compliance matters, including the provision of compliance-related advice under the U.K. Bribery Act and/or the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- Strategically assessing regulatory compliance and ethical risks;
- Developing compliance programmes including advising on the continuous improvement of such programmes, and building related tools to do so;
- Leading a team and developing skills in others to manage compliance and ethical issues within complex organisations; and
- Implementing a process to conduct anti-bribery / corruption due diligence risk screening of new suppliers and counterparties.
- The successful candidate must know or be prepared to learn Algerian law related to compliance, including bribery and corruption and money laundering.