Contract: Development Scientist I - Systems I / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Brea, California, USA|
|Salary:||USD144 - USD160 per day|
The Development Scientist I participates in the integration, verification and validation of new and/or improved hardware and software features for Clinical Chemistry and Immunochemistry Diagnostic Systems.
- The Development Scientist I performs assay testing on these systems and uses the resulting performance to assess the functionality of new and/or improved features.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which results may be obtained.
- Works with engineering staff to identify issues and investigate to root cause.
- Participates in process improvement, design change or current product support projects.
- Writes and executes experimental protocols, analyzes data, summarizes results, reports status of experiments to supervisor and writes associated reports.
- Provides quality assurance for adherence to technical standards.
- Maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures and supports technologies post-launch to resolve performance and/or quality issues.
- S. degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Biomedical Engineering with 0 - 2 years industry laboratory experience.
- Experience with automated General Chemistry and/or Immunochemistry diagnostic systems preferred, Familiarity with BCI Clinical Chemistry and/or Immunochemistry Diagnostics platforms a plus (DxC, AU, Access, DxI, IMMAGE)
- Good laboratory technique with some analytical expertise.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing task environment and with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot Hardware and Software failures; possesses mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve is a must.
- Ability to multi-task and good organizational skills.