Contract: Technician, Applications / PennsylvaniaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Supports various Applications Markets (Adhesives, Thermoset Formulations, Polyurethanes, Composites, Electronics) for the US region, including responsibility for 1) customer technical support and 3) Global R&D Projects.
- Supporting Global R&D Projects (1/year) and technical service and plant support projects (3-4/y) in various
- Monthly R&D summaries and Quarterly Executive presentations communicating the results of R&D projects
and plant support initiatives
- Maintaining applications equipment and supplies; identification of required CAPEX for projects
- Responsible for maintaining all local, national and Group Safety objectives, and complying with OSHA and
internal HSE management systems.
- Completing and reporting technical service projects
- Maintaining, organizing and documenting work through the proper maintenance of laboratory notebooks and
use of project and task management systems.
- Executing Market-specific Global R&D Projects
- Polymer compound formulation and physical testing
- Reporting progress through CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT monthly reports
Reports directly to the Manager, Applications to compete assigned work.
o Associates Degree in the Sciences, Chemistry or Polymer Science preferred; BS degree preferred
o Preferred 3-5 year relevant industrial R&D experience
o Experience with polymer characterization, applications, formulations, and compounding
o Excellent interpersonal skills
o Basic computer skills
o Laboratory maintenance skills