Contract: Marine Superintendent - Rovuma / MozambiqueClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||USD120000 - USD144000 per annum|
The client is one of the world's largest energy companies and is committed to developing assets in Mozambique, one of the most promising countries on the African continent for the energy sector.
As part of a large upstream development project, the client is looking for an experienced Marine Superintendent to be responsible for the professional management of marine base and sea transport operations. The focus of this role will be competent management of an effective HSE program, ensuring implementation and utmost compliance by all contractors.
- Guarantee the marine base and vessel management to their full potential, maintain operational effectiveness and minimise risk to life, property, and environment.
- Define and implement plans and schedules for personnel and materials offshore transportation including possible Medevac operations by sea. Manage marine agency and service contractors to grant safest and most effective vessels operations
- Study and identify marine operations having characteristics of complexity and difficulty.
- Become conversant with Company's vessels voyages planning
- Towage systems planning, analysis, and approvals
- SMS implementation and control
- Compliance to safety and safe executions of marine support to operations
- Planning, coordination, safe and economic execution of the offshore ops such as positioning, mooring, bunkering, etc.
- Monitor, through reporting and feedback, Company's and Contractors vessels performances and costs, identify areas of improvement and optimisation.
- Propose measures to enhance the performances of existing services.
- Recommend operational procedures, actions, to achieve the best results in offshore transport services.
- Regularly inspect Marine Services to assure technical conformity adherence.
- Liaise with local authorities and other relevant Agencies in respect of marine transport services.
Required Skills & Experience
- Nautical Diploma or equivalent alternative technical diploma with proven operational experience in coordinating marine operations in support of the O&G
- Experience in naval fleet management and offshore operations
- Preference is given to experience as a crew member on offshore vessels or in the technical offices of shipping companies operating in the offshore sector.
- Basic knowledge of international maritime regulations (SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, IMO RESOLUTIONS, MLC, etc.), class, and statutory certification of ships.
- Expertise in the management of dockside operations (Loading, Unloading, Bunkering, Tank cleaning) and offshore (coordination and management of SIMOPS, Loading and Unloading offshore, DP ops).
- Preference is given to experience as a Surveyor / Naval Inspector using the standards applicable in O&G (OVID, CMID, IMCA).
The position is based in Maputo, Mozambique, and is offered on 28/28 rotation.