Contract: Applications Scientist / IndianapolisClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||USD200 - USD224 per day|
The Senior Applications Scientist will be responsible for the development of automated applications on liquid handling equipment. Method development will include scoping, method development, optimization, and troubleshooting of the automated applications. Biologic and method programming expertise will be utilized to design and develop automated applications as directly requested by customers in the sales process.
- Interacts with project team members, peers and management to establish application development priorities
- Communicates with customers to scope project needs and establish expectations
- Develops applications with a customer view in mind and provides support to field team members implementing the applications developed in house
- Develops research plan, designing work flows and procedures. Writes automation programs by interpreting internal and external protocols and performs internal verification of method.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results
- Interacts, answers queries and travels to customer sites with or without the FAS to troubleshoot or optimize with key customers when necessary.
- This role will be on-site, but may include some work from home time when appropriate.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields, or MS or BS with 5+ years of recent laboratory experience. Field Applications experience a plus.
- Experience with automated Cellular, Genomics, Next-Gen Sequencing, and/or Protein applications is preferred.
- Experience programming and operating automated liquid handlers is preferred.
- Continues to develop depth of knowledge by reading scientific and technical literature, and keeps up with leading trends in the marketplace
- Prioritizes work load to manage competing demands and able to be flexible in a dynamic work environment