Contract: Medical Technologist - Remote / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD320 per day|
The client is seeking analytical and results-oriented Medical Technicians for their team in Miami, FL! This position has the option to work remotely as long as the successful candidate can work withing the specified hours for the role.
What the job entails:
The Medical Technologist - Flow Cytometry, will be working in a research and development laboratory engaged in the development of Flow Cytometry automation instruments. Day to day, they will be involved in the receipt, documentation, preparation and processing of biological samples on commercial and prototype Flow Cytometry devices. The Technologist would be required to keep accurate records and provide inputs from a medical device user perspective.
What we are looking for:
You will be a part of the Hematology Verification & Validation team, with medical technologists performing cell classification. The team is responsible for current on-market instrument support and new product advancements. If you thrive in a prototyping, collaborative role and want to work to build a world-class data analytics organization-read on!
- Frequent use of CellaVision tools, capabilities
- Analyzes results of testing and interprets results according to Hematological disease states
- Uses professional judgement to accept or reject unacceptable results
- Interface with other functional development and customer support teams to contribute in all aspect of product improvement
- Technical writing of design documents
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in related field with 5+ years of experience or Master of Science (M.S.) with 3+ years of experience.
- Certified Medical Technologist with focus on cell morphology (ASCP/AMT preferred)
- Proficient performing manual differential counts, including: Immature Granulocytes, Blast, Neutrophil, Eosinophil, Basophil, Lymphocyte, Monocyte, Immature/Abnormal /Atypical Lymphocytes, Nucleated NRBCs, RBC and Platelet Morphology
- Hematology experience with CBC, 5/6/7 Part Differential, RBC Morphology, Body Fluid differential, flagging, and review of results
- Experience performing automated & manual determination of Reticulocytes counts
- Proficiency in utilizing CellaVision for processing and classification of whole blood and body fluid differentials
- 5 years or more experience in medical technology