Quality Inspector / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Davis, California, USA|
Quality Inspector 2 is responsible for performing and verifying in process inspection audits on off the shelf items, machined and welded production, and engineering materials. Ensures documentation is accurate, conducts audits on the shop floor, and completes inspection reports, history logs and associated paperwork as required for I.S.O. compliance. Provides feedback to manufacturing personnel, product engineering and purchasing as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Performs in-process audit inspections, first article, final inspection and receiving inspections on production parts and engineering materials. Completes inspection reports, history logs and associated paperwork.
* Ensures inspection documentation is complete and accurate. Identifies opportunities to simplify documentation requirements.
* Conducts audits on the shop floor.
* Provides feedback to manufacturing personnel, product engineering and purchasing as required.
* Completes basic CMM programming and inspection.
* Performs basic data analysis to help drive continuous improvement activities related to quality, delivery and cost.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working in Mechanical Quality inspection or another trade with similar responsibilities (Machining or Welding.)
* Demonstrated knowledge, analytical skills and practical application for most types of precision measuring equipment and inspection tools; including non- contact instruments, CMM, Optical Comparator, and smart scopes.
* Minimum of 2 years IPC inspection experience. Knowledge and general use of IPC-610, 620, and 630 standards.
* Understanding of soldering practices/electrical assemblies.
* Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical and electrical problems.
* Experience with geometrical dimensioning and tolerance.
* Good interpersonal skills and judgment with regard to working with manufacturing personnel, managers, and professionals at various levels of the organization.
* Understand how to apply dimensioning methods described in ANSI Y 14.5.
* Good communication skills, ability to clearly communicate results of quality control activities.
* Organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to support multiple tasks and maintain company records.
* Flexibility to adapt to changing inspection priorities based on customer demand.
* Basic data analysis skills
* Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Internet)
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Ability to problem solve and make decisions while following company policies
* Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines
* Ability to contribute to a positive work environment adhering to the company's code of business conduct
* Ability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, stand, talk, and/or hear.
* Work on concrete floors, wearing steel toes boots up to 8-12 hours a day.
* May be required to lift up to 40lbs as required