Machinist / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||El Dorado Hills, California, USA|
The Machinist uses CNC machining equipment to develop and create machining processes. This position must have significant understanding of overall machining practices with a background in CNC machining applications. This position adapts and improvises simple to complex tooling and fixtures to complete a machining assignment. The materials that are used consist of castings, forgings, tubing, bar stock, extrusions, steel, stainless steel, titanium, brass, aluminum and copper.
* Load appropriate tools for various jobs
* Set up and operate a horizontal or vertical machining center or a lathe
* Inspect and document features of the machined part (while in process and final inspection) with use of personal and shop inspection equipment
* Retrieve programs from internal database
* Review and understand blue prints, with working knowledge of GD&T
* Assess and apply appropriate machining solutions per instructions to both new and current manufacturing processes
* Interface with product development, quality control and other machine shop personnel
* Minimum of 5 years of machine shop experience
* Experience with set up and operation of CNC horizontal/vertical machining centers and/or lathes
* Manual machining experience
* Must have setup and production experience in close tolerance machined components
* Must have a moderate understanding of tool geometry/ application/ speeds and feeds
* Experience in geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
* Programming experience with the use of CAD/CAM software (i.e. GibbsCam, SurfCam) is a plus
* Understanding and operational knowledge of CNC milling and turning machining centers (set-up, tooling, etc.)
* Understand the Fanuc, Haas or Mazak control systems
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines
* Ability to work overtime as required
* Knowledge of basic machine set-up
* Ability to read blue prints
* Ability to contribute to a positive work environment adhering to the companies Principles of Integrity
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, stand, talk, and/or hear.
* Must be able to lift up to 40lbs as required.
* Frequent standing and sitting is also required.
* Required to work on concrete floors, wearing steel toe shoes and safety goggles.