Welder / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||El Dorado Hills, California, USA|
Reporting to the Fabrication Supervisor, the Welder III performs a variety of skilled, specialized, and complicated welds on small parts and frames. The position requires advanced knowledge of standard welding processes, practices, and procedures. The Welder III is responsible to fabricate, fit, and weld parts together to produce structural and pressure containing components. The Welder III must be qualified to use GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW. The Welder III work must be completed with general direction from Supervisor. The Welder III may lead and or develop lower level welders.
* Performs GTAW, GMAW and FCAW wire welding for both pressure part and structural part products.
* Welds a variety of materials (ie.: Carbon Steels, Stainless steel, Aluminum, and Titanium)
* Performs welding for tight tolerance, machined components.
* Applies precision finishes for cosmetic welds.
* Self -inspects work performed to ensure that it meets quality requirements and specifications.
* Determines the sequence of welding to control shrinkage, distortion and warping of weldments.
* Develops Standardized Operating procedures (S.O.P's)
* Responsible for Training Lower level associates to current and future (S.O.P'S)
* Completes reports and Safety, Quality, Delivery, And Cost (SQDC) Board
* Leading daily SQDC board meeting as required
* Operates standard shop equipment safely including saws, mills, grinders, hand and Mag Drills, manual mill, manual lathe, presses, forklifts and cranes.
* Other applicable duties as assigned or required.
* 5-10+ years of experience in the welding trades.
* Ability to pass 3G qualification test for structural plate using multiple processes and materials.
* Strong ability to Analyzes blueprints, specifications and procedures to plan layout, assembly and welding operations.
* Inspects grooves, angles and gap allowances; using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring devices.
* Intermediate to advanced math skills including fractions and decimals.
* Occasionally required to work overtime.
* Displays initiative and performs duties with minimal supervision.
* Basic Microsoft Office computer skills to create and manage files, enter data and send/receive email.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
* Problem solves and makes decisions while following company policies.
* Multi-tasks in a fast paced environment effectively while meeting deadlines.
* Contributes to a positive work environment adhering to the company's Code of Business Conduct and Foundational Beliefs.
* Previous experience welding Duplex, Aluminum, and Titanium material.
* Trade School Weld Program or similar certificates in welding industry.
* Previous experience operating horizontal and vertical bandsaws, manual mills and lathes.
* Previous certification to AWS and ASME weld procedures.
* Previous operation of Overhead crane use and Rigging.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
* Work is performed on a manufacturing floor around heavy machinery.
* The Fabrication Department site operates on a work 4x10 schedule with periodic overtime required.
* The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to perform repetitive motions; to sit, talk, and/or hear.
* Ability to wear proper PPE for machine shop environment such as steel toed boots, safety glasses and ear protection.
* Standing on concrete floors for long periods and frequent sitting is required.
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. repeatedly.