Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / USA
|Location:||Carlsbad, California, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD100000 per annum|
The client is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to work onsite in Brea, CA. This exciting opportunity is Direct Hire, and will be a highly visible role in their reagent product manufacturing operations.
* Plan, lead and conduct independent work requiring root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and modification of established manufacturing processes triggered by continuous improvement initiatives, non-conformances or supplier change notifications per company procedures and guidelines.
* Lead complex risk assessments (PFMEA), and verification and validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new or revised processes and assessments of Process Capability (Cpk).
* Conduct proof of concept experiments; plan and executes engineering lots.
* Participate on project teams to complete other project assignments in support of the CE and MS manufacturing lines.
* Regular oral and written communication relating to progress and performance of work.
* Ability to work independently and to perform assignments with minimal direction, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
* Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions.
* Ability to do root cause analysis and independent investigations to identify the source of errors in manufacturing.
* Skilled at handling the quality of your own work and the work of others.
* Experience developing & execution of manufacturing processes, IQ/OQ/PQs, writing procedures, and training manufacturing associates.
* Experience in chemistry or consumables manufacturing environment.
* Familiarity with basic statistical analysis techniques / Mini-tab would be a plus.
* Knowledge in CE and MS equipment would be a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology) / Bachelors degree in Chemical engineering/ Biochemical engineering/ or similar, with no less than 5+ years of Life Science industry and/or consumables, sustaining, manufacturing or manufacturing process engineering OR Master's degree in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology) / Master's degree in Chemical engineering/ Biochemical engineering/ or similar, with 3+ years of Life Science industry and/or consumables, sustaining, manufacturing or manufacturing process engineering experience
* Hands-on experience with consumables/ reagents Manufacturing
* Ability to troubleshoot issues, experience in continuous improvements, lean manufacturing technical operations, quality, experienced in engineering projects etc.
* Experience in similar industry for at least 2-3 years