Contract: Production Operations Technician (T1) / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, USA|
|Salary:||USD240 - USD256 per day|
Production Operations Technician
12+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $30-32/hr
Shift Hours: 5:45am - 4:15pm Mon - Thu
The client is seeking an experienced Production Operations Technician to go onsite in Chaska, MN. This role will be part of the manufacturing technician team.
The main responsibilities include:
* Installing, maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting all mechanical, hydraulic, electric equipment and instrumentation.
* Oversees the design, development and maintenance of operations information systems to monitor manufacturing efficiency.
* Coordinates and integrates the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers.
Other Key Responsibilities:
* Work directly with Manufacturing Technicians, Engineering, and Quality to troubleshoot and determine corrective actions for issues occurring in test and assembly.
* Maintain work cells, equipment calibrations, and maintenance.
* Troubleshoot and maintain Manufacturing Test Boxes.
* Support Microsoft tablets used to support production documentation and processes.
* Assist engineers in various technical aspects of problem solving on escalated issues and kaizens.
* Work with tools and machines to create simple fixtures as per the instructions of the engineers.
* Actively provide ideas and feedback to support process, product, and organizational improvement initiatives (continuous improvement).
* Support and perform production activities as needed.
* Identify and recommend quality improvements including but not limited to production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiencies.
* Learn and participate in the company's lean manufacturing principles.
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Ability to frequently lift items up to 30 pounds individually and occasionally lift greater than 30 pounds with assistance to safely position and move assembly modules.
* Ability to maneuvers assembly components by hand in a repetitive manner conducive to efficiency, job specifications, safety, and quality goals.
* Ability to frequently stand (80%), bend, kneel, lift and sit to accomplish assembly production goals.
* 2-year technical degree (electrical or mechanical background preferred) or equivalent.
* 5 years minimum relevant experience in Manufacturing
* Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, MS Project, Excel, Power point). Capable of performing and documenting test results using good documentation practices for a variety of business needs (customer complaints, feasibility studies, characterization, verification, validation etc).
* Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced self-directed environment.
* Ability to support multiple projects at the same time.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Team-minded with ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues.
* Agile learner, comfortable learning to work on electro-mechanical automated test equipment