Civil Engineer / QuebecClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Civil Engineer, for the Strategic Management Expertise Group of the Opérations Québec assets.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Acts as an expert for the maintenance and for the realization of inspection / construction / repair of civil infrastructure of Énergie Electrical such as pylons, bridges, roads, buildings, dikes and dams, etc.
- Performs the assessment of the condition of civilian assets;
- Carry out or have carried out under his supervision various inspections, studies and investigations to ensure sound asset management, compliance with the Dam Safety Act as well as internal standards;
- Participate in the development of civilian project lists and define the required budgets;
- Defined project orientations and requirements as well as specifications civilian techniques;
- Works in close collaboration with Engineering Consulting Firms;
- Works in collaboration with other members of the civilian technical team, as a team multidisciplinary and with management and unionized staff from different departments and power stations
- Ensures the monitoring and approval of work on the site in collaboration with those responsible projects and Engineering Consulting Firms;
- Provide technical support to other factories / facilities in the region according to priorities organisation.
- Provides occasional support to the Kemano plant and our Kitimat plant in British Columbia.
For your application to be considered for this position, you will need to meet the requirements
- Civil Engineer, member of the OIQ;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of civil engineering
- Fluency in French and English
- Be a member of the OIQ and a member of the Order of Engineers of British Columbia
- Experience in the field of water retention works and civil infrastructure such as roads, bridges and buildings
- Knowledge and experience in the field of concrete infrastructure, degradation mechanisms, investigations and corrective work on these structures
- Work experience for an owner of water retaining structures used for hydroelectricity production is an important asset
- Knowledge of aluminum smelters an asset