Contract: Buyer/Planner / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||San Jose, California, USA|
|Salary:||USD280 - USD320 per day|
San Jose, CA
6+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $35-40/hr
Hours: 8am-5pm PST, M-F
The client is seeking for an experienced buyer to work onsite in their San Jose facility. This role will be responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, equipment and services for their organization. Duties include creating purchase orders, converting requisitions to purchase orders and clear communication with external and internal customers on expected delivery dates.
* Create purchase orders for manufacturing supplies, packaging, labels, other materials and services.
* Reviews and submits auto-generated purchase orders; ensures existing orders are delivered on time by monitoring all open orders and contacting vendors as needed.
* Review purchase requisitions and convert them to purchase orders with commitment dates.
* Timely review order confirmations from supplier.
* Maintain correct pricing in the system.
* Must prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Follow up on back orders and past due orders and communicate with end users the status of their orders and expected delivery dates.
* Work with internal customers and suppliers to resolve issues related to purchased materials, including product/material/service quality, invoicing and returning.
* Partner with internal customers as well as suppliers to develop and initiate process improvements.
* Maintain and update ERP system information.
* Proficient with MS Excel and working knowledge of ERP systems.
* Business or Technical Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
* A minimum of 1-2 years of purchasing or buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and provide exceptional customer service.
* Strong organization and time management skills