Environmental Health And Safety Specialist / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Carlsbad, California, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD79000 per annum|
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Salary: $75-80k per year
Your focus as the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) is to coordinate, assess, and own the EHS compliance and operational safety and environmental risks at four (4) SCIEX facilities in California.
Our position requires in-depth knowledge of EHS regulations to ensure compliance with California regulations and SCIEX EHS standards.
You will be responsible for coordinating EHS activities and program deployment between operational and support functions.
This role will report directly to our Manager, Global EHS Governance with a dotted line reporting to our Sr. Director, Capillary Electrophoresis in Carlsbad, CA.
EHS Specialist duties are:
- Coordinate daily management of EHS activities and provide support to business teams through the development, deployment of EHS policies and programs.
- Act as coach and mentor at all levels of the organization!
- Build a positive and proactive EHS culture!
- Provide regulatory interpretation, guidance to support R&D, engineering, and manufacturing for current and future product development.
- Maintain facility licenses/permits as set by the State of California.
- Provide Health and Safety Committee leadership support, product compliance support, and technical oversight.
- Champion Danaher Business Systems driving improvements and ensuring sustainment.
- Maintain facility laboratory safety programs, chemical inventory, and SDS database system.
- Conduct routine internal audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate Job Hazard Analysis documentation and employee training.
- Lead facility Emergency Response Team and provide EHS guidance to business managers on issues related to Business Continuity Planning.
- Perform ergonomic assessments and develop strategies to reduce ergonomic risk factors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in either Health/Safety sciences/engineering, Environmental sciences/engineering, with minimum experience listed: 4-5 years EHS experience in life sciences.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing, product engineering and laboratory operations preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State of California regulations pertaining to occupational safety and health and the environment.
- Strong understanding of the hierarchy of controls and risk reduction methods for manufacturing.
- Travel is required 10-15%.
- Effective Presentation skills both written and verbal with diverse audiences
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Write in a clear and concise manner.
- Present information and respond to questions.
- Strategic agility.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence, and build consensus to tackle problems.
- Flexibility with work schedule and ability to attend conference calls during evening hours.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong work relationships with other EHS professionals within SCIEX and Danaher companies.
- Digital literacy to include email and Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Ability to conduct root cause investigations and develop corrective action plans.
- Balance priorities and multiple demands while working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Responsible and driven to achieve set targets. Integrity, build trust with both management and colleagues.
- Outstanding problem identification and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge of the following EHS program areas:
* Injury and Illness Prevention Program
* Emergency Preparedness/Emergency Response
* Laboratory Safety
* Electrical Safety
* Atmospheric Air/Noise Permitting Requirements
* Hazardous Materials and Chemical Management
* Industrial Hygiene
* Job Hazard Analysis
* Biological Safety
* BSL1/BSL2 Facility Management
* Radiation and Laser Safety
* Hazardous Waste Management
* Waste Minimization and Sustainability
* Machine Guarding and Automation Control.