Contract: Senior Software Test Engineer / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, US|
|Salary:||Up to USD400 per day|
Senior Software Test Engineer
12+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $50.00/hr
Shift Hours: 8:00am to 5:00PM CST, M-F
The client is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to join their Chaska, MN office. The company we represent specializes in lab automation to improve the efficiency, cost, and accuracy of medical laboratory testing.
As a software verification engineer on the research and development team, you'll be working on next generation of clinical chemistry and immunoassay systems.
You will work in collaborative cross-functional teams with engineers from multiple disciplines to bring innovative solutions to our customers. You can expect to collaborate and coordinate with diverse development teams across the globe. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with scientists and marketing teams to ensure we have the right solutions to meet the needs of an ever-changing healthcare environment.
We are looking for self-motivated engineers to write automated tests for a new instrument development project. Test cases are automated, written in C#. Candidate will need to be able to write, debug, and troubleshoot test cases. The software spans direct control of machines, databases, and user interface elements.
* Design test scenarios to verify requirements and confirm correct implementation.
* Code/automated tests in C#/.NET.
* Write test reports and capture objective evidence.
* Configure and manage virtual test environments.
* Collaborate with a scrum team.
* Practice rigorous technical code reviews.
* Document bugs.
Desired desirable skills and traits:
* Firm understanding of basic statistical principles.
* Experience troubleshooting software failures and debugging.
* Interest in medical device industry and background in their regulatory processes.
* Worked with a modern version control system, such as GIT or TFS.
* Familiarity with medical device development regulations.
* Experience writing software tests (e.g. unit tests).
* Knowledge of common object-oriented design patterns
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must Have Qualifications:
* Experience coding in C#, Java, C++, or similar object oriented language
* Test design experience
* 4-year degree in computer science or similar