Contract: Scrum Master / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The major Oil and Gas client in Qatar are looking to fill the position of Scrum Master- this will be a residential long term contract role.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualification: Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Specialization in engineering, data science or information systems management is a plus.
Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
Experience with agile teams, must have experience in IS software development, in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques to enhance the agile scrum approach.
Strong interpersonal communication, team spirit behaviour, and proven ability to work cross-functionally.
Experience in upstream O&G preferred.
Fluent in English as a business language.
- To build, animate and coach a high performing squad team to deliver one digital twin use case per semester.
- To teach, mentor and coach individuals, teams, and leadership to understand and apply agile values, principles, and practices in the context of use cases development for project digital twin.
- To work across organizational boundaries and with external consultant and technological partners to cultivate an agile community; to drive effective practice embedding.
- To involve people in change and influence through others to ensure that IS and the business entities understand agility and how maximum value can be derived from it.
- To maximize efficiency, drive out waste and pinpoint activities that add value.
- Uphold and be a role model for company core values, Incident Free and leadership behaviours.
- Facilitate the agile methodology such as the daily stand-ups, refinement, release planning, sprint planning, capacity planning, estimation techniques, sprint reviews, retrospective.
- Be responsible for the backlog and have an overall view of the backlog tool.
- Present different metrics to various stakeholders (status reports, burn down charts, etc.).
- Support and partner with Product Owner to prioritize backlog.
- Escalate obstacles to the Head of Methods and Head of Product Owners as deemed necessary.
- Ensure ad-hoc coordination between business, IS and /if applicable technological partner(s).
- Enable development team to work efficiently.
- Apply agile mindset and practice so that the team can deliver value early and frequently.
- Coach and hands-on build a high performing team (writing backlogs, facilitating planning, orchestrating demos, tracking velocity), acts as its motivator-leader and proactively recognize and help remove any obstacles.
- Continuously improve ways of working through 'inspect and adapt' and instill a growth mindset.
- Help others understand how the team works and how they shall interact with it.
- Facilitate various Scrum (or other) meetings and reviews, ensuring equal contribution from each team member.
To apply please send full CV.