Lead Completions Engineer / Algeria
The client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Completions Engineer, based in Algeria. This is a 28/28 rotation.
* Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
* Prepare all well completions, workover and well-service programs in compliance with local statutory requirements and GTG corporate policies, standards and procedures.
* Manage the well planning process and ensure compliance.
* Consider and involve respective disciplines and departments such as drilling, geology, reservoir and production in the well operation process as required.
* Prepare scopes of work and appropriate specifications for procurement of GTG equipment and services.
* Technical lead for assigned contracts. Responsible for managing the agreed relationship with service providers and in setting the KPIs with the Contract Owner and C&P Specialist
* Prepare scoping, budgetary, AFE level completion & well operation costs. Monitor field costs & analyse variances.
* Monitor/measure performance against expectations. Analyse variances and act as a focal point for lessons learned.
* Effective liaison and communication with the subsurface and drilling & wells management teams.
* Implementation of lessons learned system and championing of all performance improvement initiatives applicable to well completions performance.
* Maintenance and up-dating of completions, workover and well-services documentation and data.
* Work closely with the Well Operation Superintendent, Well Operation Supervisor, Drilling Engineer and Production Operation Manager together.
* Supervise the deployment of Completions Supervisors if required.
* Implementation of additional processes/procedures applicable to completion operation improvement.
* Mentoring relevant engineers and operational staff as required.
* Application of functional specifications to deliver optimum completion designs.
* Ensure that completions operations meet agreed budget and objectives.
* Optimise performance where possible by appropriate application of new technology.
* Accurate and timely reporting of all well operation activities.
* Maintenance of end of well records, lessons learned and complete well files.
* Encourage good, open communications with contractors, promoting a culture of involvement and participation.
* Ensure that all well operations are risk assessed and include mitigations plans in the execution program.
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) - Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar.
* IWCF Well Control Certification (Level 4) - Rotary or Well Intervention
* Previous experience in completion, well test and stimulation, workover engineering, well life cycle integrity and site supervision - preferably in onshore well operations.
* Ability to work in English and French.
* Demonstrated capacity of teamwork in multinational teams with different cultures. Demonstrate with the team analytical competences.
* Able to work with respective Landmark Products such as Stressheck and WellCat or similar.
* Will be required to achieve and maintain appropriate competence in with CASMAX® competency profile.