Administrative Assistant / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
An administrative assistant is required to complete work independently and resolve issues without direct supervision. This position performs more advanced administrative duties that require a broad knowledge of departmental policies and procedures
* Works under minimal supervision performing complex administrative support duties requiring some judgment and initiative to determine the approach of action to take in non- routine situations.
* Applying thorough level of understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the department and/or team.
* Enters data from various sources into spreadsheets, verifies input and calculations.
* Regularly develops original spreadsheets, databases, organizational charts and other reports.
* Suggests improvements to increase efficiency and improve communication of departmental and functional information.
* Receives general instructions for routine projects and detailed instructions for more complex projects.
* Resolves most questions and problems and refers only most complex issues to higher levels.
* Most assignments are completed using standard processes and procedures but may adapt techniques or processes to complete assignment.
* Probable errors are usually detected in succeeding operations and are generally confined to a single department or phase of company activity.
* Frequent internal contacts within and outside of department to furnish and obtain information.
* Answers inquiries and responds to correspondence from inside and outside the company.
* Works with others to resolve problems.
* Serves as a resource to less experienced staff.
* Performs clerical and administrative duties including typing, proofreading and editing documents.
* Composes and may initiate routine correspondence and memoranda.
* Takes accurate phone and verbal messages and ensures that messages are delivered in a timely manner.
* Completes transmissions of assigned Project monthly reports in accordance with standard processes and procedures.
* May handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
* Assists department staff in developing and preparing complex presentation materials.
* Maintains efficient paper and electronic filing systems and ensures quick retrieval of requested documents.
* Keeps well-informed of latest trends and technology related to administrative functions.
* Identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
* Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries for department & Project staff and may coordinate related arrangements.
* Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
* Plans, coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and offsite Conferences, meetings and special events.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager
* Professional diploma in the discipline or equivalent work experience required.
* Typically minimum 2 years of experience or 5 years of practical administrative experience
* Broad knowledge of departmental function, terminology and interrelationships.
* Solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
* Ability to evaluate and resolve problems independently.
* Strong interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and customer interaction.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English, with strong vocabulary and grammatical skills with an eye for attention to detail.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio).
* Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
Spends 95% time in an office environment and/or 5% in a shop or field environment. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Some exposure to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery, and shop traffic.