Contract: Development Scientist / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD35 per day|
Development Scientist II
5+ month contract
Hourly rate: $35/hr
The client is seeking a detail-oriented and analytical Development Scientist to assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies in Chaska, MN.
The incumbent performs experiments as defined and planned by supervisor; reviews test results for experimental error and determines if repeats are required; participates in planning studies for the development, evaluation and optimization of assay(s); maintains well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures; and supports post-launch to resolve performance and/or quality issues.
* Assisting in the evaluation and implementation of protein chemistries new and existing across all platforms.
* Performing experiments as defined and planned by supervisor.
* Reviewing the test results for experimental error and determines if repeats are required.
* The Development Scientist will participate in planning studies for development, optimization, and failure investigations of protein assay(s); maintain well organized laboratory notebooks in compliance with relevant procedures, and support post-launch (MRB) to resolve performance and/or quality issues for our protein/serology immunoassay chemistries.
* Duties will include: Protocol writing, Protocol execution, Instrument operation and understanding of its functioning, Statistical Data Analysis, Report writing, Failure investigations, Presentation of Results, Instrument maintenance.
* Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or other related fields with 2+ years experience in Laboratory experience.
* Working with automated instruments and/or immunoassay experience preferred.
* Good laboratory technique with some analytical expertise.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Ability to problem solve is a must.
* Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing task environment and with variety of tasks.
* The ability to multi-task is also required.
* Good organizational skills important.