Contract: Buyer / IndianaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||GBP184 - GBP200 per day|
Onsite position in Indianapolis, IN
6+ month initial contract
Hourly Rate: $23/hr
The Buyer position is a key role within the Procurement team requiring an enthusiastic self-starter with drive to learn and improve existing processes where needed.
This position will focus on supplier on-time delivery, supplier management, inventory management and analysis, and cost reduction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Properly execute the Requisition-to-Purchase Order and Planned Purchased Order Processes with a high level of focus on customer service for products and services within the Indirect Material and Packaging categories.
* Monitor and manage supplier on-time delivery, with ability to problem-solve and countermeasure effectively.
* Maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve effective Working Capital Turn rate while improving customer service levels.
* Develop, negotiate, and coordinate Purchase Agreements and Long-Term Supplier Contracts.
* Maintain Purchase Order status and tracking information while communicating to all internal stakeholders in a professional and timely manner.
* Work cooperatively with other department representatives and vendors to resolve product discrepancies with regards to quality, quantity, delivery, and price.
* Ensure supplier selection, qualification, evaluation and monitoring process is maintained per SOP. Responsible for maintaining strong supplier relationship to ensure quality standards and target pricing is consistently achieved.
* Continually improve time management, problem solving, critical thinking, and follow up skills. Experience with Microsoft office products to develop spreadsheets and create general reports.
* All other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Demonstrably versed in MRP, Bills of Material, Customer Sales Support in a fast-paced manufacturing, multiple divisional environment.
* Experience in purchasing MRO, General Labware, Packaging/Labeling, and other Indirect categories preferred.
* Minimum 2 years' experience as a Buyer preferred.
* Detailed, accurate, analytical, and metric-driven.
* Oracle ERP software experience preferred.
* Strong negotiation skills.