Contract: Buyer/Planner I / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Carlsbad, California, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD240 per day|
Carlsbad, CA - Hybrid position (still need to provide in-line support on site)
6+ months contract
Hourly Rate: 30/hr
Shift Hours: 7am to 4pm PST, M-F (OT might be required for first 3 months)
The client is seeking a Buyer/Planner to join their Material Procurement & Planning team in Carlsbad, CA!
In this role, the Buyer/Planner will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Material Planning & Procurement and the greater procurement/planning team to support our life science manufacturing operations of cutting-edge chemical reagents used in the study and development of novel biologic therapies.
Key components of this role include the release of purchase orders, maintenance of past due purchase orders, and working with our suppliers to ensure on-time receipt of shipments. The Buyer/Planner will order correct inventory from pre-qualified vendors, help coordinate the receipt and shipping of materials, assist with quality control inspections, and provide our manufacturing team relevant inventory related information as needed, such as lot numbers, expiration dates, supplier numbers, quantities, etc.
Essential Duties, Critical Success Factors, Responsibilities, Authorities and Required Interactions:
- Track, analyze, manage, document, and report on open purchase orders, past-due lines, past-due invoices status. Update site leadership and manufacturing teams on supplier delivery expedites status and performance, as needed.
- Perform ongoing inventory management analysis for all raw materials at established frequencies, and drive reductions in supplier lead-time, on-hand inventory, Minimum Order Quantities (MOQs), and other factors.
- Convert purchasing software requisitions (Oracle) for purchased goods as needed to support on-time delivery targets. Utilize standard work guidelines to ensure daily responsibilities are completed according to priority. Release scheduled production orders for assigned areas as defined in standard work guidelines. Only use approved and validated vendors to source required materials and products.
- Actively participate in and lead assigned process improvement activities; learn and apply company material guidelines for efficient material management.
- Excel as a team player, identifying and sharing best practices while satisfying internal manufacturing customer service needs related to expedites, priorities, information requests, and other items.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in business/operations, materials management, or manufacturing.
- Familiarity with and understanding of continuous improvement and lean concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Material Planning, Inventory Control, or Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as Oracle is a strong plus.