Electrical Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Davis, California, USA|
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing electronics for use in a harsh subsea environment. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage designs from conception, through end of life incorporating feedback from stakeholders and customers continuously. The position requires cross-functional collaboration to integrate precisely controlled electro-mechanical designs. The candidate must demonstrate excellent process and project management skills to function effectively with peers and cross-functional teams.
- Perform design and analysis of digital, analog and power circuits to help create robust products.
- Create schematics, layouts, and choose components for PCBs.
- Develop specifications and test requirements that drive product design.
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability and manufacturability.
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required.
- Create bills of materials and oversee creation of drawings to support new designs.
- Provide guidance for designers, and other engineers, on design tasks as needed. Function as lead on tasks of moderate complexity.
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on detailed design work, and work with sales and service on product research and definition.
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service.
- Recommend improvements to engineering policies and establish new procedures as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement to electrical best practices by evaluating industry tools and techniques, then collaborating with the Electrical Engineering team to discuss implementation.
- Maintain an awareness of how assigned tasks impact schedule, scope, budget, and quality at every stage of development from concept to end of life.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- A strong understanding of electronics and their relationship to software, firmware, and mechanical interfaces and operation in a number of electrical specialties obtained thorough minimum of 5 years of experience.
- A track record of success in learning, leveraging, and integrating proven technologies into new products to solve challenging problems.
- Previous experience with PCB design software, Altium preferred.
- Hands-on mechanical repair or assembly experience.
- Proven teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A firm knowledge of electrical product safety.
Additional Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in design of electronics used in harsh environments.
- Wide range of electrical engineering technological knowledge, including, but not limited to:
- Sensing and control systems.
- Ethernet communication systems at the physical and/or network level.
- Instrumentation and noise.
- Optimization of hardware and firmware integration architecture for best performance.
- Microcontroller technology, application and programming.
- Power distribution and transmission lines.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- Fiber optics and optical data links.
- Experience as a technical lead on engineering development projects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak.
- Frequent need for manual dexterity - using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pulls, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit & stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent use of PC is required.
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment as needed in safety zone areas.