Contract: Senior Procurement Analyst / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Chaska, Minnesota, USA|
|Salary:||Up to USD344 per day|
Senior Procurement Analyst
6+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $43/hr
In this role you will be directly responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of strategic and tactical procurement activities for direct materials across multiple commodities within the guidelines of Company policies and procedures, while supporting the operational and financial goals and objectives of the company and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
We're looking for associates who thrive in a team-oriented, goal focused environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manages the purchasing of critical components and commodities supporting production across multiple value streams.
* Manages the purchasing of expense materials and service suppliers to support production.
* Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs.
* Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules.
* Manages elevated emergency situations, part shortages and expedites when necessary.
* Works closely with Corporate Strategic Sourcing group to determine long-term corrective/preventative measures.
* Cost improvements including minimizing Excess and Obsolete materials and scrapping as required. Process improvement and breakthroughs within Materials organization in accordance with company strategies.
* Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with leading experts, and other manufacturing sites.
* Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in supplier OTD, Working Capital turns, Purchase Part Variance and related KPI's/objectives by leveraging tools, facilitation skills, and the change management process.
* Ensure successful kaizen events by rigorous execution of processes (planning and execution of kaizen events, along with follow through and sustainment).
* Benchmark and incorporate best practices from other locations and build business cases to prioritize investments that help us move closer to industry best practices that are applicable to our operations & supply chain.
* Ensure all FDA, ISO and related regulatory requirements are consistently met.
* Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain.
* Responsible for supplier management to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through use of established lean tools.
* Is assigned to manage specific daily standard work activities to provide daily procurement priority and status to others in the supply chain and operations' organization.
* Employs procurement automation and standardized buying processes across value streams using tools such as Kanban with blanket orders and auto- releases based on other trigger mechanisms.
* Identifies and resolves any issues that delay material deliveries.
* Can be assigned to lead cross- functional teams focused on supplier lead-time reduction or to lead or participate in special projects for Continuous Improvement.
* Participates on teams to determine specific cost reduction activities that are assigned as commodities dictate. Goals are established and tracked.
* Attend, contribute and represent the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings.
* Providing support and guidance to other supply chain professionals including but not limited to tactical buyers and commodity leaders.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* A Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain with 5+ years of experience, or a Master's degree in business or supply chain with 3+ years of experience, or a Doctoral degree in business or supply chain with 0-2 years of experience.
* Proven procurement experience for ISO/FDA regulated manufacturing industries
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills