Contract: Applications Scientist / USClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Loveland, Colorado, US|
|Salary:||Up to USD200 per day|
4+ month contract
Hourly rate: $25/hr
The client is seeking for an analytical and results-driven Scientist to work onsite in Loveland, CO. The ideal candidate will support the Separations product portfolio as an in-house Applications Scientist. The position works closely with the Product Managers and Applications Scientists on the Separations team.
The Applications Scientist works with viral vectors or similar/surrogate gene therapy materials to create marketing-led application data and content spanning the Beckman Separations portfolio. The majority of this role will be lab-based, producing various biologics from cell culture and developing novel purification and characterization protocols from in- or out-sourced materials. Under minimal supervision, will design experiments, conduct and analyze experiments, prepare data and report out for use in marketing application materials.
* Interact with cross-functional teams at multiple locations.
* Create and execute workplans to complete project objectives.
* Generate and provide data for collateral materials.
* Support marketing content development efforts.
* A strong background in mammalian and bacterial cell culture and basic biochemical/biophysical characterization (e.g., SDS-PAGE, ELISA, DLS).
* Experience with transfection, viral vector/protein production, and density gradient ultracentrifugation preferred; analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC) experience highly desirable.
* A minimum of a BS/BA degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or related field with 4 years of experience or MS degree with 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. with 0 years of experience.
* Ability to design and execute experiments accurately and independently and convincingly communicate data to various functional groups.
* A progressive, creative thinker, with analytical and problem-solving skills, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.