Senior Software Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Davis, California, USA|
Are you excited to design software to drive the world's most advanced subsea robots? As a Senior Software Engineer you'll work as part of a passionate multi-disciplinary engineering team developing innovative subsea robotic systems. The software you design will unlock the capabilities and maximize the usability of these cutting-edge products. This role includes development of user interfaces, business logic and inter-process communications for our distributed control system. At this senior level, you will be required to lead development of key software functionalities, sustain fielded products, and improve the way we do our work. You will need excellent software engineering skills, a drive for innovation and collaboration, and the ability to work effectively on a cross-disciplinary team - Schilling Robotics is a mechatronic company. Are you up for the challenge?
- Design and develop high-quality C#/.NET and/or C++ code to implement required functionality utilizing Schilling Robotics' software development toolchains and design methodologies
- Collaborate with engineering team members and product owners to design the robotic system with a focus on the software technical and user experience requirements
- Develop user interfaces to meet Schilling Robotics design and user experience standards
- Diagnose, debug and resolve complex software issues, in both developmental and fielded systems
- Support the development of technical skills for other members of the team through mentoring and collaboration
- Use automated testing technology to accelerate verification and regression testing.
- As competency is demonstrated, take on responsibility to lead the design and development of complete software projects or key components in larger projects
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities for increasing efficiency in how we execute - to strive for ever better
- Assist software leadership in project planning and scoping efforts
- Perform engineering duties at customer site or offshore when required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of professional experience developing software applications in C#/.NET and/or C++.
- Direct experience working in production code environment with SDLC management tools such as Microsoft TFS or Atlassian.
- Experience developing user interfaces utilizing WPF or similar UI frameworks.
- Direct experience developing distributed applications using protocols such as SOAP, REST, JSON, or XML. Working knowledge of internet protocols.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a results-driven multi-disciplinary environment.
- A passion and curiosity for creating great things.
Additional Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the robotics or mechatronics domain.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum project management techniques.
- Experience using automated test technology.
- Linux system and/or application development.
- Experience with VxWorks or other real-time operating system.
- Experience with Unity development.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pull, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent use of PC.
- Standard office work environment with infrequent need to work on manufacturing floor and wear PPE as required.
- Regular, repetitive arm/hand motion (typing, mouse control, etc.)
- Close viewing of computer monitor