Document Controller / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
A Document Controller is required to complete work independently and resolve issues without direct supervision. This position ensures that project documentation is properly captured, cataloged and controlled using the applicable Document Control systems and processes.
* Creates customer records as required and prepare documents for transmittal to client according to project specific procedures
* Maintaining information in project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
* Create and maintain document numbers including client and supplier's numbers.
* Generate reports that could include: Late Reports, Status Reports, Open Reports and others as required and addresses identified problems.
* Follow document control procedure in transmitting and receiving documents.
* Generate and maintain MDR for client and project team use.
* Analyzes & Controls all technical documentation related to department and project activities within contractual requirements and Company procedures (including confidentiality)
* Handles and registers all outgoing and incoming transmittals according to project document control procedure
* Participates in meetings, as required
* Reviews document and transmittal quality according to check list for document control
* Manages supplier documentation
* Collects information for reports
* Applying thorough level of understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the department and/or team.
* Suggests improvements to increase efficiency and improve communication of departmental and functional information.
* Receives general instructions for routine projects and detailed instructions for more complex projects.
* Resolves most questions and problems and refers only most complex issues to higher levels.
* Most assignments are completed using standard processes and procedures but may adapt techniques or processes to complete assignment.
* Probable errors are usually detected in succeeding operations and are generally confined to a single department or phase of company activity.
* Frequent internal contacts within and outside of department to furnish and obtain information.
* Answer's inquiries and responds to correspondence from inside and outside the company.
* Works with others to resolve problems.
* Serves as a resource to less experienced staff.
* Completes transmissions of assigned Project monthly reports in accordance with standard processes and procedures.
* May handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
* Maintains efficient paper and electronic filing systems and ensures quick retrieval of requested documents.
* Keeps well-informed of latest trends and technology related to Document Control functions.
* Identifies and suggests ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
* Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager
* Professional diploma in the discipline or equivalent work experience required.
* The ideal candidate should have 2 + years of working experience in document control. Minimum of 1 year of office environment experience.
* At least 1 year of experience with the following: Records/Document Management Principles; Microsoft Office 2007 or newer; Electronic Document Management System (EDMS); SharePoint
* Broad knowledge of departmental function, terminology and interrelationships.
* Solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
* Ability to evaluate and resolve problems independently.
* Strong interpersonal skills for inter- departmental and customer interaction.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English, with strong vocabulary and grammatical skills with an eye for attention to detail.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access).
* Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
Office environment. Certain working areas could require safety equipment such as proper footwear and eye protection when travelling through shop areas for training or meetings. Occasional travel to other Houston offices and Client offices.
* Frequent sitting and operating a computer and using a telephone. Shall be able to lift up to 25 lbs. to chest height for moving physical record boxes.
* Some travel required to other Houston offices or visiting client locations to attend meetings as required for coordination of Document Control processes.