Contract: Geomatics Engineer / FranceClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Paris, Île-de-France, France|
The client have a current opportunity for a Geomatics Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Paris La Défense. For further information about this position please apply.
The service considered focus primarily on geomatics especially GIS, Land Surveying, and positioning and secondarily on Hydrography.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
The services comprise:
- Organize, manage, and archive GIS data following standard nomenclature and directory structure.
- Ensure acquisition, quality control and geo-referencement of geographical data (topography, bathymetry, geology, geomorphology, satellite/aerial imagery);
- Ensure integration of any relevant data on GIS, processing and analysis using geoprocessing tools (DTM generation, longitudinal profiles for flow assurance study, cartography of no-go areas, etc);
- Analyze development feasibility of an Oil & Gas or an Offshore Wind Farm project by: o Integrating environmental/ societal, geophysical/geological, bathymetrical/ topographical, and technical constraints of an area o Defining infrastructure layouts and pipelines/cables routings for future development o Producing various thematic charts o Coordinating with geophysical, geotechnical and metocean specialists to produce the most up- to-date layouts/routings and assessment documentation
- Contribute to geodetic and topographic surveys (GNSS, LiDAR, photogrammetry, or conventional methods): o Evaluate needs and write technical documents for calls for tenders o Establishes technical recommendations following the bidder proposals o Supervises or organizes the supervision of on-site data acquisition campaigns o Checks and validates data and reports, studies
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The services will be provided within an entity in charge of characterizing offshore & onshore sites where industrial developments for the production of hydrocarbons are planned. The entity's clients are therefore generally the development, project and drilling entities.
DURATION / LOCATION
* Place of the Services: La Defense, Paris
* Dates of services start : ASAP, for 1 year.