UFR Contract Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
UFR Contract Engineer
The job holder will primarily be responsible for procurement activities related to the UFR EPCI contract and related UFR package services for the project.
During the initial phase of the project focusing on FEED activities, they will manage and coordinate:
- Contracts and Purchase Orders for all the engineering activities related to the UFR packages
- Preparation of EPCI CFT documents
- Confidentiality Agreements with various Parties (Contractors and Service Companies)
- Liaison with HQ procurement branch,
- Other Project support contracts as needed
In addition, during the FEED phase, the position holder will support the Package Manager in a project controls role, assisting in reviewing package costs and budgets and contractor schedules.
The Job Holder contributes to the organization of Contracts,
* Participate in implementing contract and services referential (procedures, templates, forms…)
* Coordination with Affiliate C&P
* Ensure the communication with Global Procurement and in particular the Category Management network,
* Assist the Technical and Support entities.
* The Job Holder manages the sourcing of Goods and Services:
* Participate actively in the definition and implementation of the contractual Plan,
* Manage the processes correctly:
* Receive purchase requests with a clear scope of work/service from the requesting entities,
* Develop all documents in accordance with project contractual strategies
* Organise, lead and manage the tendering process for UFR packages,
* Lead the negotiation with the UFR package contractors,
* Evaluate Offers along with requesting entities
* Supervise the establishment of the contracts, and directly participate to the contract management thereof,
* Ensure validation of all contract/PO content and process (including Partner(s) approval, if necessary),
* Participate in the settlement of claims, disputes and/or lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance entities
* The Job Holder manages the compliance
* Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts and Procurement policies, strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with Applicable Law and regulations and Group policies,
* Ensure that tendering procedures and processes strictly adhere to the compliance and ethical rules defined by the Group,
* Ensure that Contracts/PO comply with the standards of the Company and the Agreements with the Partner(s)
* Ensure all activities are aligned with Affiliate C&P normal practice.
* Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tendering process.
* Ensure contract requirements are aligned with the Project digital implementation philosophy
Minimum Education: Masters degree, engineering or Business.
Demonstrated ability to negotiate varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors, with a minimum of 15 years experience in procurement of oil and gas equipment and services. Previous experience in similar role within large scale subsea pipelines / flowlines projects.
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Negotiation skills,
- Knowledge of C&P tools
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
- Good knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax, JV management …).
- Job holder must have superior written and oral communication.
- Flexibility and pro-activeness are requested.
Fluent English required.