Development Scientist / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Salary:||USD208 - USD240 per day|
Onsite in Miami, FL
6+ month contract
Hourly Rate: $26-30/hr
The client is seeking a dedicated and dynamic individual with strong attention to detail and organization to join our premiere Biotech Manufacturing client's R&D team as a development scientist.
The ideal candidate will be a scientifically minded individual, able to read and thoroughly comprehend scientific literature, write scientific protocols and reports following established company guidelines. General responsibilities include performing various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data following established standards, practices and procedures while exercising independent/correlated analytical judgment and maintenance of laboratory records including quality control.
* Conducts chemical and urinalysis of human clinical samples (blood, urine) using microscope or automatic analyzers. Performs proficiency testing and analysis following established protocols
* Reports status of experiments to manager, writes simple experimental protocols/reports with supervision, gives small data presentations
* Sets up, adjusts, maintains and cleans laboratory equipment used during testing
* Maintains inventory/supplies necessary for testing purposes. Organizes test data
* Ensure all laboratory work is documented in compliance with company policies and regulatory bodies. Properly maintains laboratory notebooks/logbooks
* Participate in verification and validation of new and modified product designs
* Participates in simple process improvement projects
* Trains new team members on instrument set up/maintenance and department processes.
* Provides quality assurance for adherence to technical standards
* 4-year bachelor's degree (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or other STEM related field) with 3+ years of direct relevant experience
* Master's degree in a scientific discipline with 1+ year of direct relevant experience
* 2+ years of General Clinical Laboratory experience having a combination of clinical laboratory and either clinical research laboratory or in-vitro diagnostic / biotechnology / Pharmacology (FDA regulated) laboratory experience
* MT or CLS (ASCP) or equivalent certification/license highly preferred
* Prior R&D and/or clinical experience in urinalysis, hematology, immunoassay, clinical chemistry, or flow cytometry preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
* Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment
* Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams
* Shows professional interest through self-development and presented a positive attitude and professional appearance.