Contract: P&A Well Engineer / South HollandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Den Haag, South Holland|
The client have a current opportunity for a P&A Well Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in The Netherlands. For further information about this position please apply.
For the Drilling & Wells department, we are looking for a candidate to fulfil the position of P&A Well Engineer. Location The Haque / Den Helder.
Generic job description
Provision of well abandonment design, planning, programming and operations management across E&P NL portfolio, promoting techniques and strategies that optimize asset value. Targets efforts to ensure that all wells are designed and delivered in accordance with local statutory requirements and corporate policies, standards and procedures, whilst driving excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance, technological innovation and continuous performance improvement.
Main duties & responsibilities
* Prepare abandonment well designs, programmes and regulatory submissions in compliance with local statutory requirements and corporate policies, standards and procedures.
* Conduct well planning in accordance with the Well Delivery Process (WDP) and ensure compliance.
* Prepare scopes of work and appropriate specifications for procurement of equipment and services.
* Technical lead for assigned contracts. Responsible for managing the agreed relationship with service providers and in setting the KPIs with the Contract Owner and C&P Specialist.
* Provide input as required into preparation of permits and applications to statutory bodies to conform to local governmental and other agency requirements.
* Prepare scoping, budgetary and AFE level well costs. Monitor field costs and analyse variances.
* Monitor and measure performance against expectations. Analyse variances and act as a focal point for lessons learned.
* Coordinate and liaise with other disciplines on well related issues.
* Coordinate service company support.
* Liaise with and support well-site activities as directed.
* Promotion and management of all well construction performance improvement initiatives resulting from the lessons learned.
* Develop wells to an appropriate state of readiness to facilitate rig selection and well allocation.
Internal and External Interfaces
* Facilitate effective interfaces between all services provided to drilling operations.
* Liaises with; Drilling & Wells team, Subsurface Team, HSEQ Representatives, Contracts & Procurement (inc. Logistics), Finance, Onshore Service Coordinators
* Contribute to the optimisation of the asset's performance.
* Participate in cross company initiatives to identify new technologies and enable UK to benefit from drilling experiences elsewhere.
Required qualifications and experience
* Individual contributor. Enthusiastic self-development as a P&A Engineer.
* Bachelor's degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with extensive experience in well engineering and site supervision, with proven track record.
* 3-5 years relevant experience (minimum) in well engineering and site supervision.
* IWCF Well Control Certification.
We are looking for candidates based in The Netherlands.