Contract: Production Planner/Scheduler / Canada
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||Fort Saskatchewan, Canada|
The client, a large Oil and Gas Operator company, is currently seeking a Production Planner/Scheduler, based out of Fort Saskatchewan, AB, refinery location. This is a contract role subject to last until Dec 2022, with strong potential for extension.
- The primary responsibility of a Production Scheduler is to maintain and update the production schedule of the Scotford Refinery Asset to ensure staffing requirement as met.
- Production schedulers use their knowledge of the production 24/7 operation and reports from scheduling tools to update and optimize schedules.
- They must also be able to comprehend reports and make recommendations about where improvements might be made.
- By effectively scheduling employees, production schedulers help ensure that production unit staffing requirements are achieved and while ensuring leave and fatigue policies are met.
- They must be able to multitask and provide quick responses to staffing issues.
- As issues may be unforeseen, production schedulers must know how to shift resources and ensure that employees and materials most effectively.
- As generating reports and schedules may require the use of software, production schedulers must have an aptitude for computers and demonstration of quick learning of new tools.
- Create and maintain schedules.
- Adjust resources in the most effective manner.
- Provide quick responses to staffing issues.
- Identify problems and help improve processes.
- Provided callouts for filling last minute staffing requirements.
- Generate reports and schedules, reporting to supervisors and managers.
- Support the Production Team Leader (PTL) and Production Supervisor (PSUP) in administration of time-off and callout policies.
- Provide feedback to employees and supervisors.
- Ensure that company deadlines are met.
- Experience in a 24/7 operation, preference is Oil & Gas or Chemicals industry.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong aptitude to quickly learn policies and work processes.
- Proficiency with computers, preference with experience with EDP Schedule Pro.
- Ability to create and understand reports to facilitate production decisions.
- High self-motivation, proficient in proactive problem solving and escalation for timely decision making.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2022